2019 National Train Show
July 12th – July 14th, 2019
Mountain America Exposition Center Sandy, UT
9575 State Street, Sandy, UT 84070
Public Show Hours
- Friday, July 12, 2019 – 12:00 Noon – 6:00 PM
- Saturday, July 13, 2019 – 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Sunday, July 14, 2019 – 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
On Site Registration Prices
(subject to change)
- Adult – $15.00
- Discounted Adult (65 and Older) – $14.00
- Three Day Adult (One Person) – $28.00
- Teen (13 -17) – $10.00
- Youth (6 – 12) – $7.00
- Children under age 6 – Free
- The World’s Best Known Manufacturers
- Over 145,000 square feet of exhibit space
- Hands-On Demonstrations
- 44,000 Sq. Feet of Modular Layouts
- It’s all Here – All of the latest and greatest model trains, accessories, collectibles and more from the world’s best-known manufacturers and retailers geared for all model railroaders – from first timers to old timers.
- The Incredible Lego®MiniLand – It’ll stop you in your tracks! This 2,500 sq. ft. area is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, originally-designed display featuring operating model railroads, hundreds of train cars, various landscape settings and waterfalls, scale building, retractable bridges, and more…and all made entirely out of millions of Lego® pieces! Attendees are invited to “meet the modelers” and learn how to build their very own original display.
- Children’s Play Area – 1,500 sq. ft. of fun including trains, games and more for children of all age to enjoy during the show. The area is chaperoned at all times and is free of charge.
- Hands –On-Demonstrations – Learn how to get started on your own model railroad empire and find out the latest techniques from well-known exhibitors, and from pros at the Meet the Master Modeler booth.
- The Kids Creek Railroad (KCRR), a division of “A Modular Railroad Club”, is based out of southeastern Connecticut. Built to the Lionel Collector Club of America/ Lionel FasTrack Modular Railroad standard; this railroad is kid friendly and interactive featuring over 30 operating accessories. Each accessory is controlled by the visitors of the railroad, though lighted arcade buttons mounted to the front facia of each module.The planned railroad will measure 14’ x 34’ and contain 31 modules grouped into several segments including dioramas of Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, the Great Divide Basin, a mid 1960’s small town, and others.
- For more than two decades, Youth in Model Railroading (YMR) has been the premier organization inspiring and motivating young people (ages 8 to 18) to participate in the exciting hobby of model railroading. YMR’s goals have been to help developing individuals achieve their highest potential through education, hands-on experiences, constructive social interactions, and leadership opportunities. YMR’s display showcases the hard work, creativity, and successes of the next generation of model train enthusiasts.
Fun for the Whole Family
From your littlest engineer …
To the most experienced Model Railroader
It’s All Here!
Incredible LEGO® Mini Land
Children’s Play Area
Free Train Ride!
Who We Are
The National Train Show® was established in 1988 by the National Model Railroad Association as a nationally sponsored combined industry trade show and public train show to promote the hobby of model railroading. The 2019 National Train Show is held in conjunction with the national convention of the NMRA in Salt Lake City, UT. It will be held in the Mountain America Exposition Center (formerly known as Southtowne Expo Center) in Sandy, UT.